Tea parties, talking fancy
Tasha is rational, headstrong, and a little bossy at certain points. On a few occasions, she may have a disagreement with a friend over something small (as shown in The Yeti or The Swamp Creature), but Tasha, with the help of her imagination and friends, can always end the quarrels almost instantly.
Depending on what character she is playing, Tasha can come across as being very bossy, while at other times, she may play a friendly worker, or even a 'damsel in distress', as shown in episodes like International Super Spy, Blazing Paddles and Break Out!.
Tasha was voiced by Naelee Rae McCann in the first and second season and voiced by Gianna Bruzzesse in the third and fourth season. Her singing voice was provided by Kristin Klabunde in season one, two, and the first five episodes of season three, and Gabriella Malek during the rest of season three, as well as all of season four.
PersonalityTasha is extremely confident and likes to be in charge most of the time. She is usually determined to get her way no matter what, however, she is never downright mean to her friends. Tasha usually is very opinionated and likes to make people do what she says and can come off just a bit bossy as a result. She is hard to scare, as pointed out in the episode It's Great To Be A Ghost!. At other times, she can very relaxed, carefree, and happy, as shown in the episode A Giant Problem.
Tasha is also Uniqua's much admired and always eagerly-awaited play date. She looks sweet as pie but underneath her extra girly exterior beats the heart of a CEO - tough-as-nails, take-no-prisoners, my-way-or-the-highway kind of gal. The others have learned to respect her bossiness, and normally let her take control.Tasha is rational, skeptical, and highly motivated to get her own way, but it's always special for Uniqua when
In season one, her bossy personality was brought out in most episodes she appeared in (exceptions include The Snow Fort, Cave Party, Race Around the World, and Eureka!). But in season two, her bossy trait decreased somewhat, and she was shown in many episodes as being sweet and helpful, as shown in episodes like Scared Of You, in which Tasha threw a surprise birthday party for Austin, and Special Delivery, in which Tasha played a member of a motorcycle gang devoted to helping others.
By the third season, her bossy trait decreased significantly, but was brought up in a few season three episodes, though to a lesser extent. By the fourth season, her bossy trait disappeared almost completely.
Tasha is a yellow skinned hippo with a red-pink tongue, two slightly sunken nostrils above her mouth, dark yellow noticeable eyelashes and very thin eyebrows. She wears an orange dress with eight light-orange flowers printed on it in random spots, along with red Mary-Janes shoes. Though often color or costume will change depending on her character she plays. Also, she sometimes will wear wigs for said roles.
Season 1- Tasha's head is plump and eyebrows are thin, and she is a light yellow.
Season 2- Tasha's body is redesigned a little in this season, like all the other characters. Tasha's head and body are skinnier, her skin is more of a yellowish-gold tone, and her eyebrows are thicker. The white dots on her shoes are now a dark pink. She is slightly shorter than her previous model.
Season 3- The dots on her shoes are now a lighter tone of red.
Season 4- Her skin color is a bit more saturated. The dots on her shoes are now pink.
- Tasha's head is plump and eyebrows are thin, and she is a light yellow. Her strap buttons on her shoe are white.
- Tasha's body is redesigned a little in this season, like all the other characters. Tasha's head and body are skinnier, her skin is more of a yellowish-gold tone, and her eyebrows are thicker. The white dot on her shoes are now a yellow. Her Mary-Janes are more circular.
- Season 3- Tasha's promotional model is skinnier. The dot on her shoes is now a lighter tone of red.
- Season 4- The model is very similar to her season 3 model. The pointiness of her Mary-Janes are between the first and second models, more of the season 2 model.
- Tasha's house is behind a fence on the far left of the backyard. When the Backyardigans go to her house for a snack, they head around the left side of Pablo's house towards the street, where it is implied that, offscreen, they curve around to the front door.
- Tasha is claimed to be a cow by some fans, but Janice Burgess states she is a hippopotamus.
- Tasha's catchphrase is "Oh for goodness sakes!".
- Tasha has pretended to be an Empress twice. The empress of France in The Two Musketeers and in Samurai Pie, she pretended to be the empress of Japan.
- Tasha is the only main character who has not met Sherman. She has seen him with other Wormans, but has never been introduced to him or been told his name.
- Tasha appears in more episodes than Austin, but less than Uniqua, Pablo, and Tyrone.
- Uniqua does not call Tasha by her name or pretend name (Ms. T.) in International Super Spy, instead she calls her "the hippo" two times.
- Tasha wears more wigs than any of the other characters.
- Tasha is the fourth main character in the series, after Uniqua, Pablo, and Tyrone.
- Tasha is the only character to wear shoes all the time.
- Tasha can play the guitar.
- Ironically, she was named after Tasha Cooper, one of Pablo's dancers.
- The original design of the character composed of her being barefoot, having two front teeth, and a little red bow on her head.
- "Pip, pip, cheerio!" - High Tea
- "Well, dear friends, since it is my choice, I think that we... should have a tea party!" - High Tea
- "Oh, for goodness sakes!" - Almost every episode
- "You carry it, Servant Tyrone." - The Key To The Nile
- "It's a ghost! Out of my way!" - It's Great To Be A Ghost!
- "They promised they'd be here..." - Cave Party
- "Ohh, for the love of ice, another interruption!" - The Secret Of Snow
- "Yoo-hoo!" - A Giant Problem
- "Oh, dear! Oh, my!" - What's Bugging You?
- "Can't you see all the hopes in my eyes?" - The Two Musketeers
- "Why, yes." - Whodunit
- "I think I'm so cool!" - Sinbad Sails Alone
- "Tweedily-doo, tweedily-dee!" - Tale of the Mighty Knights, The Tale of the Not-So-Nice Dragon
- "I do declare!" - Blazing Paddles
- "Zip-speed!" - Garbage Trek
- "There's no such thing as a yeti!" - The Yeti
- "I'm a frozen north expert." - The Yeti
- "Where's my pie!?" - Samurai Pie
- "Goodness conquers badness and crime doesn't pay." - Front Page News
- "My booooot!" - Pirate Camp
- "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" - It's Great To Be A Ghost!
- "I'm Tasha." - The Backyardigans Theme Song
- "Oh my!" - Ranch Hands from Outer Space
- "Intruders!" - Into The Deep
- "I'm SuperSnap!" - Front Page News
- "You carry it, Servant Pablo." - The Key To The Nile
- "Brilliant." - Eureka!
- "Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" - Scared Of You
- "You carry it, Servant Austin." - The Key To The Nile
- "I won!" - The Yeti
- "Aww! You're our friend too, Pablor." - Pablor and the Acorns
- "I'll get that picture in a snap!" - Front Page News
- "This is a job for Super Snap!" - Front Page News
- "I said I'm busy!" - Match On Mt. Olympus
- "What did they say?" - The Action Elves Save Christmas Eve
- "Three robots breaking down in one day? Something's fishy!" - Robot Rampage
- "You really need to stop saying that..." - For the Love of Socks!
- "Queens are never wrong!" - Knights Are Brave And Strong
- "No, I mean it's really dificult." - Knights Are Brave And Strong
- "Prrrt!" - Into The Deep
- "Get away from our garden, you... fish!" - Into The Deep
- "Mermaid Freakout!" - Into The Deep
- "Don't dawdle." - High Tea
- "It's a bird! It's a plane! Actually, I think I'm pretty sure it's a bird." - Flower Power
- "Then why didn't they just say things that get in your way?" - The Quest For The Flying Rock
- "I've got a bad feeling about this." - Chichen-Itza Pizza
- "Oh my goodness! Look out! A wild poodle!" - The Two Musketeers
- "Could Le Master of Disguise do this?" - Le Master of Disguise
- Meet the Characters on Backyardigans - NickJr.com
- Tasha - The Backyardigans - Wikipedia
- Tasha - The Backyardigans - Google Images